Rainbow Salad Wrap
3 sweet peppers, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
100g greek yoghurt
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp dried mint
1/2 lemon, juiced
4 flatbreads or wraps
70g bag Unbeleafable Rocket & Baby Leaves
For the beetroot houmous:
325g cooked beetroot in natural juices
2 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained with water reserved and rinsed
2 garlic cloves, peeled
5 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
8 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC (fan)/gas mark 6. Add the sliced peppers and olive oil to a baking tray and toss to evenly coat in the oil. Season well, then roast for 20 minutes until the peppers are just cooked and starting to char.
2. To make the quick pickled cucumber ribbons, add the ribbons to a small bowl and pour over the white wine vinegar. Add 3 tbsp of cold water and a small pinch of salt, then leave to pickle until you’re ready to serve.
3. Meanwhile, make the beetroot humous by adding the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, and salt to a food processor. Add 3 tbsp of the olive oil and 7 tbsp of the reserved liquid to the processor and blitz on high until you have a rough consistency. Continue to add the olive oil and reserved chickpea liquid one tbsp at a time to the processor until you have a smooth consistency. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, then spoon the houmous into a serving bowl.
4. Make the garlic mint yoghurt by combining the greek yoghurt, grated garlic, mint, and lemon juice in a bowl and mixing together well. Season with salt and pepper and mix in a tbsp of water if you’d like a thinner consistency.
5. When you’re ready to assemble your rainbow wraps, spread a good amount of beetroot humous over the centre of your flatbread followed by a handful of Unbeleafable Rocket & Baby Leaves, roasted peppers, drained pickled cucumber ribbons, and a drizzle of garlic mint yoghurt. Serve immediately.